STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. – Staging your home’s exterior is an important part of having a successful selling experience. Homebuyers want to fall in love with your house, help them by making it look the best it can. Every change of season brings a new opportunity to highlight different features of your home.
- The most obvious tip: rake up leaves on a frequent basis
- Inspect your gutters regularly and remove any leaves that get trapped
- Carry on weeding garden beds and walkways
- Remove all annual flowers that are no longer blooming and plants that are past their “best before” date. Dead vegetation gives the impression of a home not cared for
- Fertilize your lawn before the ground freezes, this will give your grass a head start in the spring.
- Readjust the timers on outdoor lighting displays since it now gets dark earlier
- Give your gardens some liveliness by planting fall flowers such as chrysanthemums. Choose a color that compliments the exterior of your home
- Redesign your urns and flowers pots – it’s time for a fall theme
- Add some vignettes. Sometimes, it’s the little things that produce the most attention. My personal favorite for generating anticipation in potential buyers is to create a simple fall vignette on the porch. Pumpkins add a punch of color and provide a warm, welcoming look when blended with something interesting like a couple of antique lanterns, for example. Be careful not to add too many items to the vignette or it will appear too cluttered.
If there’s a swing or rocking chair on the porch, add cushions with a generous amount of orange in them to tie everything together. If you pay this much attention to the exterior of your home, buyers will be anxious to see what awaits them behind the front door.
About The Staten Island Board of REALTORS® (SIBOR)
The Staten Island Board of REALTORS® (SIBOR) is the largest not-for-profit trade association in Staten Island, N.Y.
SIBOR exists to enhance the ability and opportunity of its members to conduct their business successfully and ethically; and to promote the preservation of the public’s right to own, transfer and use real property.
Comprised of over 1,600 members, SIBOR serves real estate agents, brokers and affiliated professionals throughout the borough and surrounding areas.
SIBOR is the provider of the Staten Island Multiple Listing Service Inc. (SIMLS), which works as a clearinghouse through which more than 250 local real estate firms exchange information on properties they have listed for sale. Together, its members participate in over 3,000 real estate transactions every year.
All SIBOR members belong to the New York State Association of REALTORS® (NYSAR) and the National Association of REALTORS® (NAR).
SIBOR may be reached at 718-979-0007 and viewed online at http://siborrealtors.com. SIBOR may also be visited on Facebook at “Staten Island Board of Realtors,” on Twitter via @SIBOR, and on YouTube at the Staten Island Board of Realtors and RelevantPR channels.
Media Contact: Barton Horowitz
Headquarters: 718 682 1509
Mobile: 917 715 8761